Monday, April 25, 2011

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Oh man, a near-future America with a taste of Cyberpunk

Snow crash is the mysterious new computer virus that seems to infect hacker's brains. This book was clever with the main character named Hiro Protagonist, which I feel was a filler name that just stuck.

Stephenson really liked to dig into the details. His details are all highly creative yet put in a very familiar place. The only thing that was really losing me is a backstory. I felt like it just kinda jumped into it. I felt this was a great world that he created but as far as the ending goes, I felt it went to quick. The pacing was all over the place. Over all this was a flawed but very entertaining cyberpunk story. It was a fun read, but something I probably wouldn't pick up again.

Though you can't really go wrong with a good Cyberpunk story with it's ballsy approaches to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment