Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami

This story was interesting, but a tad confusing to be honest.


There was some interesting banter in this book. I felt like it was like going down a rabbit hole while the Narrator was the hunt for the sheep with a spot on his back. Certain parts of this book were just strange like the girlfriend with the ears that make sex a thousand times better. I actually laughed out loud as this point, just because it was just a silly thing to focus on and be aroused by, but to each is own. But he seemed like he needed an escape from his boring life, which he earns with this hunt.

This isn't what I thought I would be getting into as far as a "Japanese Horror" story goes. I thought it was going to be a ghost story like the Ring or something. This seemed to have more of a humorous undertone than anything. I did enjoy it, it was a bit hard to follow at times. But I thought it was a different type of story than I'm use to, which was nice to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment