Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy by THE Douglas Adams

ONE OF MY FAVORITE NOVELS OF ALL TIME.

Let me start off by saying how much I love the way Douglas Adams writes. I love this book because it's a story a man, Arthur Dent and his average life, but told through the voice of the guide and how the universe is always bigger than him and there's always more facts that we realize.

I actually first was exposed to the BBC Radio Show before I read the book, which really reinforced the voices through out the book and the adventures Arther the average Englishman goes to small planets and deals with things and the guidebook narrates. Though, I must say Arthur is one of my favorite characters, I really enjoy Marvin the Paranoid Android always depressed and wallowing in his misery of his advanced knowledge and no one to relate to, completely bored with life and never put to his full potencial. The first series is my favorite, of the end of the earth, where Arther slowly comes to the realization that he is the last human alive after the Earth is destroyed for an intergalactic highway.

This book is remarkable and so much fun to read, I will read this again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment