Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BloodChild by Octavia E. Butler

Questions that arose:


  1. -I was really curious to what these characters were? They kept that pretty vague, hard to picture what they were with their limbs and eggs.

  2. - How were they different than the human they were cutting up?

  3. - What the preserve was like? What was the land/environment like?

  4. - Was the author trying to convoy spider like features, with the multiple limbs?

  5. - Also, what was with the yellow eyes?

  6. - Why was their a rifle? Why was it so important? The characters didn't seem like they needed weapons, being that they had claws, etc.

  7. - What was the relation between the parasitic creature and the eggs?

  8. - Did the human's have the eggs that the other creatures need?

  9. - Where the humans just hosts for these creatures?

  10. Did the eggs have special attributes? There was talk about them having some sort of healing ability.

After looking at the picture of the author. It did raise some questions for me:

Well honestly, in my head, with how dark this story was, I figured it was a short pale man who sat in front of his computer screen. I feel it bring up more questions for me as far as, why she would bring this up, what she was really basing this off of, as far as inspiration goes. I feel that it does change the perception of the actual story, cause I feel like she might have more of a culture reference that maybe I'm lacking. But I'm curious to what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment